Wednesday, August 27, 2014

How to get more traffic on your blog

As a new blogger my biggest question is, "how do I get people to read my blog?"..."is anyone going to like my blog?"..."oh wow how did I get 20 views!?...oh...that was all just me"...

Well my friends, I did a little internet search on how to get more traffic to your blog, and I found some good advice. Here are some of my favorites...


  1. Be timeless...write things that could be read a year from now.
  2. Write short posts, nobody likes to read novels from people they don't know
  3. Be snarky (i love that word)
  4. Coin a term or two
  5. Write about blogging (I guess that's what I'm doing now?)
  6. Don't be boring
  7. Dress your blog as well as you would dress for a meeting
  8. Don't blog about you cat, boyfriend, and kids (oops...already broke that rule...)
  9. Post things people want to read
And most importantly...

Don't blog to be famous. Don't blog to get views. Blog for yourself, and people will read it.

Happy Blogging!

xo Jennifer Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment