Sunday, December 20, 2015

San Francisco Lightsaber Battle!

Hello Darlings and fellow Star Wars lovers!

Are you SO EXCITED that the movie is finally out?! I haven't gone to see it yet. I'm not a fan of being in crowded movie theaters, so I might wait another week to see it (sigh).

BUT Friday night I went to San Francisco for a huge lightsaber fight instead! It was so much fun seeing crazy Star Wars fans like myself dress up and go beat each other up with light sticks. If you wanted to you could preorder a lightsaber to be picked up there or just bring your own. I decided to buy one and it was pretty awesome for only being $10. By pushing a button it lit up different colors and faded into the next color. The really bad ass people brought their own double sided lightsabers and really did battle other people. Lets just say I have a lot of practicing to do with my lightsaber, but I still had tons of fun.

We got there at about 8:30, picked up our lightsabers, and headed over to the fight. It was pretty crowded in the park where it was at but I was surprised to see some people leaving already. It was raining and the grass in the park was getting all muddy so we only stayed around for about an hour before getting something to eat and walking around San Francisco with our sabers. I know the company that put this on was trying to beat the world record for biggest lightsaber battle, but I can't find any information saying if they did or not. I know the previous record was held at a battle at Comic Con. Comment below if you can find any information about it!

Overall it was an awesome time and so cool to see how this epic movie is bringing people together!



Have you seen The Force Awakens yet? Did you like it?
xo, Jenny Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment