Sunday, May 24, 2015

My Quarter Life Crisis

In just 3 short days I will be 25. I absolutely can't believe it. I'm half way to 30 and probably more than a quarter done with my life. Those are some very scary thoughts.

People always ask, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" and I honestly always cringe at that question. Where I think I'll be is never where I am. Rarely do the two worlds match up perfectly. By 25 I thought I would be in a serious relationship and working our way up to marriage, if not already married. I thought I would be living on my own or with someone else other than my parents, but the cost of living in California on your own is near to impossible...especially on a teacher's salary. I thought I would have my life figured out, and I'm far from it.

On the other hand, I can't be too hard on myself. I have accomplished many things in my 25 years that I am proud of, and I've have opportunities I never thought in a million years I would have. I'm proud of myself for graduating college and getting a job right out of it. I'm proud that I've worked there and year and a half and got promoted to being a head teacher; a job that I thought I would never go for. I've had the amazing fortune of going to Europe, meeting my favorite band, walking across Abbey Road, getting over a bad heart break, and just surviving this crazy thing called life. I think we need to give ourselves more credit than we do for just making it through each day.

So I'm not going to try to predict or wish what my life is going to be like when I'm thirty. All I'm going to hope for is health and happiness. And maybe to meet Ryan Gosling...but that's it!

I just need to trust that the universe has me right where I'm supposed to be.  


xo, Jenny Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment